Hey Micro and Homebrewers! Got a new brew your want reviewed? Send us an email! We love sampling all beers!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cobra - 5% - India (UK???)

So, its a hot afternoon and I thought I'd try this bottle of exotic Indian Cobra Beer! I figure that if anyone knows how to brew a beer for hot, humid climates, it's got to be India!
Smooth, with a nutty, bitter finish, I'm not sure I could tell the difference between this lager by Cobra and Heineken in a blind taste test.
However, as I take this job seriously I decided to look Cobra up. Turns out it was once brewed in India. As I read more I found this beer, with interesting Hindi script and elephant designs in the bottle's glass, is actually brewed in the UK. Horrors! With more "research" I find out it is 51% owned by Molson-Coors and now brewed by a company named Molson Coors Cobra India. I might as well have opened a Molson Canadian!
Funny....No ads running in the Asian subcontinent with a brown guy named Joe proclaiming..."I AM INDIAN!"
Give them time.
Knowledge is power....but it can also ruin the allure of an exotic brew.

P.S. Sorry I missed yesterday, I was drinking Moosehead and saw no reason to spend the time blogging about it. (Good beer but you've already had it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment