Hey Micro and Homebrewers! Got a new brew your want reviewed? Send us an email! We love sampling all beers!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Vanilla Porter - 5% Mill Street Brewery - Toronto

I was expecting a heavy, over-whelming dessert beer with Mill St. Brewery's Vanilla Porter. I waited awhile to try this can. Generally I think of porters as a winter beer so when the temperature outside dropped below freezing tonight, I finished dinner and poured the draught.

This beer pours a great head on account of the nitrogen they charge the can with. Nice touch. Makes it look pretty in the glass and, true to the description on the can, smooth on the tongue. Now on to the taste.

Based on the label I had been bracing for a slug of chocolate, vanilla and dried fruit. Instead I met a very drinkable mildly flavoured porter that was subtle and delightful  This is a very drinkable beer. Not sweet or syrupy, this is a cold weather beer I would go back to.

Well done Mill Street....once again!
Check them out at:

 Mill Street Brewery

No comments:

Post a Comment